Saturday, January 28, 2012

Relay Time

It's time for me to promote Relay for Life again.

Relay is an annual event that has two goals--raise money for the American Cancer Society and honor cancer survivors. I was involved with Relay for Life of Sangamon County for several years because of the family members I've lost to cancer, including my mother.

Then, in November 2008, I heard those words: It's cancer.

In my case, though, the followup was, "But it's the good kind of cancer!" What the doctor quickly explained was that my form of testicular cancer was curable. And he was right--I'm currently in complete remission and feeling fine.

Others aren't so lucky, including a college classmate who passed away near the end of 2011. It was the reminder I didn't need that the fight against cancer unfortunately hasn't ended yet.

If you would like to join the fight, just click on the Relay icon in the upper right corner. That will take you to my online donation page, where you can give to your heart's content.

Thank you for reading, and thanks for any donation you might give. Every dollar makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment